Zoomed In

Zoomed In
a blown up portion of a ink drawing i had done of a small dried up plant

Yoga Instructor

Yoga Instructor
done during a life drawing session

Untitled

Untitled
I started out thinking i wanted to make a painting that was muted in color . I had to stare at it for a long time and about two months of having it in my room i changed my idea completely and added some bold colors.

Lily

Lily
This is a painting i made for Lily Schauffler

Monday, April 21, 2008

my weekend

Last wednesday i went to san francisco to visit Elizabeth Brown, visit USF and UCSC. On Friday my mom and i went to Santa Cruz to visit the school and the art department was amazing!! It was on top of a hill, surrounded by trees, and overlooking the ocean. Art is the second most common major at the school so that made me feel really good and the art studio buildings were really cool. They had slanted tops made out of glass so natural light could get in, and there was some really cool work you could see from the windows. Secondly i went to moma in San Francisco and saw some really amazing paintings, a really cool rothko, magrite and some excellent matisse pieces. The exhibition that was there was a photographer called freelander whose pieces were interesting too.

No comments: